Subject: [RFC/PATCH 0/2] Documentation: kicking the "reset --hard" habit

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 03:35:16 -0500

Hi,

Kira on IRC reminded me that our introductory documentation does
not explain how to use the new reset --keep and --merge primitives.

Sadly, at least the user manual change suggested below is probably
not suitable, since reset --keep and --merge have not been around
since git 1.5.3 days.  Ideas for working around that and other
comments would be welcome.

Jonathan Nieder (2):
  Documentation: suggest "reset --merge" more often
  Documentation: suggest "reset --keep" more often

 Documentation/git-bisect-lk2009.txt               |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-bisect.txt                      |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-checkout.txt                    |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-merge.txt                       |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-rerere.txt                      |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-reset.txt                       |   13 ++++++-----
 Documentation/gitcore-tutorial.txt                |    6 ++--
 Documentation/gitworkflows.txt                    |    2 +-
 Documentation/howto/maintain-git.txt              |    4 +-
 Documentation/howto/separating-topic-branches.txt |    2 +-
 Documentation/user-manual.txt                     |   22 ++++++++++++++------
 11 files changed, 34 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)