Subject: Re: git-gui appears to not respect Windows 7 settings on Display Language.

From: Konstantin Khomoutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 03:23:34 +0300

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 09:53:37PM +0200, Michael Menegakis wrote:

> For some unknown sorcery Microsoft does not refer to 'Locale' the same
> as UNIX. There is only a display-characters method, only if a
> character set is not unicode. For actual display of language they have
> now on 7 a package downloading mechanism to have the whole system show
> a language.
> 
> On 7 right now I have locale on Greek so that any non-unicode programs
> will work with that. But the display language is English and no Greek
> or other non-English package has been installed. The location is also
> Greece but that doesn't affect other programs either.
> 
> In general these settings make almost all programs to display English
> by default. Only a minority like git-gui don't.
I suggest you raising this question on the msysgit mailing list [1]
or file a bug to its tracker.

1. http://groups.google.com/group/msysgit/