Subject: Re: Git automatic stashing?

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 20:19:09 +0100

Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Casey McGinty <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> Is there any feature in git to perform and auto stash apply/pop when
> >> trying to do a merge/rebase in a dirty working dir? This would save
> >> some keystrokes from time-to-time, and make it easier for new users
> >> unfamiliar with git.
> >
> > And when switching branches too.
> 
> Isn't that what "git checkout -m" does?

The problem with checkout -m is that you get only a single shot at
conflict resolution.  'git stash pop' does not drop the stash in the
case of a conflict, so you can try again.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch