Subject: Incremental object transfer

From: Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:34:27 +0100

Hi folks,

as already said some time ago, I'm using git to back up maildirs
on a machine w/ relatively low ram. The biggest problem for now
is the initial push (maybe later larger subsequent pushes could
be also affected too): it takes quite a long time to get everything
packed, and if the connection breaks (the box is sitting behind
a dynamic-IP DSL link), everything has to be restarted :(

So my idea is to incrementally transfer objects in smaller packs,
disable gc on remote side and update refs when some commit is
complete.

Is there any way to do this ?

thx
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: [email-masked]
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
----------------------------------------------------------------------