Subject: Using a different index and HEAD

From: Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 16:29:06 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm currently thinking about an IDE toolkit entirely based on git,
which eg. versions every single file save operation (so, IOW: an
separately versioned workdir) automatically and later allows to
rebase/rework this to tell what really gets committed to the
actual working branch. For this multiple indices and refs/HEAD
pointers would be very helpful.

Is there already a way to tell other locations for index file
and current HEAD symref on command line (just like we have w/
--work-dir etc) ?

cu
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: [email-masked]
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
----------------------------------------------------------------------