Subject: Re: [PATCHv7.3 1/4 (bugfix)] gitweb: Prepare for splitting gitweb

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 20:01:31 +0100

On Thu, 2 Dec 2010, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Hmm, how did you find the issue, and more importantly, how did I or other
> people who saw this patch so easily fail to notice it?

When working on my total rewrite of J.H. gitweb caching series, available
as 'gitweb/cache-kernel-pu' branch in git://repo.or.cz/git/jnareb-git.git
and git://github.com/jnareb/git.git repositories I finally did a *clean*
reinstal (i.e. remove whole directory, then run "make install-gitweb").
This branch uses the same "gitweb: Prepare for splitting gitweb" patch
(cherry-picked back and forth).
 
> FWIW, I do run "make install" from the toplevel as part of my pre-push
> test, so I _should_ have noticed it.
> 
> Ah, I don't run the install step for a revision that does not pass its
> selftest, so I haven't run "make install" on 'pu' for some time.  That may
> explain it.

Hmmm... I thought that "make install" doesn't install gitweb, but it does
with "$(MAKE) -C gitweb install"... though I am not sure if "make all"
builds gitweb (runs "make gitweb").
 
> Anyway thanks for a fixup.
> 

Sorry for the bug.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland