Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH 2/1] bash: eliminate dependency on bash_completion lib

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 21:41:04 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 01:49:23PM -0600, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> SZEDER Gábor wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 03:02:07PM -0600, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> 
> >> Add a minimal implementation of _get_comp_words_by_ref,
> >> the routine used to work around bash 4.0's COMP_WORDS semantics.
> >> 
> >> Based on bash-completion 2.x (commit bf763033, 2010-10-26) but
> >> tweaked for simplicity and to allow zsh to at least parse the
> >> code.
> >
> > What is this patch based on?
> 
> Ah, sorry, applies to d93f4a297 (bash: work around bash 4.0 change in
> COMP_WORDS semantics, 2010-12-02).

In which repo? ;)

I don't have d93f4a297, but I have e0a9590 (Introduce functions from
bash-completion project., 2010-12-01) and c7e75bb (Use the new
functions to get the current cword., 2010-12-01) instead, which were
merged into pu at 0c30752 (Merge branch 'pd/bash-4-completion' into
pu, 2010-12-03).

Hm, waittaminit...  Ah, OK, nevermind, got it.  There was a patch in

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/162686

I forgot to apply first...  Now I have it all, seems to work so far.

Thanks,
Gábor