Subject: Re: git format-patch should honor notes

From: Johan Herland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 11:12:11 +0100

On Wednesday 08 December 2010, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Also, in order to be really useful, I would need a place to store the
> cover letter also. I was experimenting a while back with a design for
> annotating branchnames which "basically" worked but haven't had time
> to really implement it. If I remember correctly, I had to set up some
> "bogus" refs to keep my notes from being garbage collected and was
> still figuring out the best place to put them. I'll dig it up when I
> have time to.

I believe the last time the issue of adding notes to branch names was 
discussed, the consensus was that rather than using notes, they could 
be stored using a custom entry in the config file, e.g.

  git config branch.mybranch.description "Description of mybranch"

I might have misremembered this, though.

...Johan

-- 
Johan Herland, <[email-masked]>
www.herland.net