Subject: push from git gui goes to wrong branch

From: dexen deVries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:09:22 +0100

Hello,

there's a behavior in git gui (v1.7.3.2 and previous) that I consider bugous. 
Failed to find any bugreporting system on git's website so I'm reporting it 
here; please correct me if that's wrong.

I have the following snippet in my .git/config:
[branch "article"]
	remote = baron
	merge = refs/heads/dexen-article

However, the `Push' button from git gui sends local branch `article' to remote 
branch `article', rather than to the indicated `dexen-article'.

For reference, with the CLI `git push', the local branch `article' is pushed 
to remote branch `dexen-article' as expected.

Regards,
-- 
dexen deVries

``You want to make your way in the CS field? Simple. Calculate rough time of 
amnesia (hell, 10 years is plenty, probably 10 months is plenty), go to the 
dusty archives, dig out something fun, and go for it.   It's worked for many 
people, and it can work for you.''  - Ron Minnich