Subject: [1.8.0] Re: reorganize the mess that the source tree has become

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 19:15:50 +0100

The 04/02/11, Miles Bader wrote:
> Hilco Wijbenga <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Quite frankly, I'm surprised there are (presumably experienced)
> > developers who do not immediately see the value of a little
> > organization. Surely, given the use of code conventions, formatting
> > rules, etcetera, the obvious one step further is to also organize
> > where the files go?
> 
> I think one of the problems is that what's been suggested seems like
> window-dressing.  Moving everything into src/ and calling it "organized"
> doesn't actually accomplish much other than perhaps making the README
> file more visible to newbs; things are _still_ a mess, just a mess with
> four more letters...

So it would be an ordered mess, at least. The current amount of files in
the root directory do make things harder for people not already familiar
with the content. FMHO, moving the source files into a subdirectory
could be only a first step to the good direction.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht