Subject: [1.8.0] Re: reorganize the mess that the source tree has become

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 16:11:43 +0100

The 04/02/11, Drew Northup wrote:

> Having once upon a time (in CVS days) taken over a project that was
> neatly organized into tons of folders I can say that more folders is not
> always better.
> If you are organizing things into modules by folders, and those things
> are mutually exclusive pre-compilation then doing so may make sense. If
> the folders ADD value to the project by adding organization--as opposed
> to hiding disorganization--then they may have value.

This _is_ what we are talking about. Not tons of folders or whathever
you might think.

> destructive things
>                                                       killed that first
> project
>                            project       exploded with a fury resembling
> a religious confrontation.                  see that happen to Git
>                see that project die                  you exasperate
> enough of the core developers

Read again. I'm pretty sure this was not your goal but this almostly
looks like FUD to me. So, I don't think I'll involve to more discussion
in this subthread.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht