Subject: Re: [1.8.0] Provide proper remote ref namespaces

From: Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:11:48 +0100

* Johan Herland <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Ah, yes, I should have been more specific:
> 
>     remote.origin.fetch = ~refs/tags/*:refs/tags/*
> 
> In my proposal, I suggest using a "~" prefix to signal auto-following 
> behavior. This is needed in order to be able to explicitly specify the 
> current fetch behavior in the configuration.

Under the hood, this line could be automatically "added" (internally)
unless some "fetch.autotag = false" is given.

cu
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: [email-masked]
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
----------------------------------------------------------------------