Subject: [PATCH] svn-fe: warn about experimental status

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 04:36:44 -0600

svn-fe is young and some coming cleanups might involve backward
incompatible UI changes.  Add some words of warning to the manual so
early adopters that are not following the project closely don't get
burned.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> Applying this code removal early would make your local branch juggler
> very, very happy.  Might make sense to pair it with
[...]
> we weren't louder about svn-fe's command line usage being subject to
> change.  Live and learn. :/

That probably wasn't as clear as hoped.  All I mean is that svn-fe is
young and although the aforementioned cleanup involves a UI change
(going from

	... | svn-fe | git fast-import

to

	mkfifo replies
	... | svn-fe 3<replies | git fast-import --cat-blob-fd=3 3>replies

), such changes are to be expected.  So hopefully no one will be
confused, but it would be better to mention the experimental status
somewhere in svn-fe.txt, like so:

 contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt |    3 +++
 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)

diff --git a/contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt b/contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt
index 35f84bd..cd075b9 100644
--- a/contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt
+++ b/contrib/svn-fe/svn-fe.txt
@@ -18,6 +18,9 @@ Subversion repository mirrored on the local disk. Remote Subversion
 repositories can be mirrored on local disk using the `svnsync`
 command.
 
+Note: this tool is very young.  The details of its commandline
+interface may change in backward incompatible ways.
+
 INPUT FORMAT
 ------------
 Subversion's repository dump format is documented in full in
-- 
1.7.4