Subject: [RFC/PATCH 4 to 6/3] Move remaining header files into a include/ subdirectory

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 22:29:16 -0600

Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:

> Perhaps it's time to split a large portion of cache.h to libgit.h and
> make cache.h include libgit.h.

Interesting idea.  Is this a sneaky way of renaming cache.h to git.h?
Which translation units could include libgit.h without cache.h?

> cache.h and git-compat-util.h at topdir is ok to me. strbuf.h should
> go to libgit though, imo.

If libgit is to be self-contained, they all should be in libgit.
Not sure how I feel about that.

Here's a series to move those three headers to include/.

Jonathan Nieder (3):
  compat: do not use relative paths for git-compat-util.h et al
  block-sha1: do not use relative path for git-compat-util.h
  Move git-compat-util.h et al to include/

 Makefile                                       |    6 +++---
 block-sha1/sha1.c                              |    2 +-
 compat/basename.c                              |    2 +-
 compat/cygwin.c                                |    4 ++--
 compat/fopen.c                                 |    2 +-
 compat/inet_ntop.c                             |    2 +-
 compat/inet_pton.c                             |    2 +-
 compat/memmem.c                                |    2 +-
 compat/mingw.c                                 |    4 ++--
 compat/mkdtemp.c                               |    2 +-
 compat/mmap.c                                  |    2 +-
 compat/msvc.c                                  |    4 ++--
 compat/pread.c                                 |    2 +-
 compat/qsort.c                                 |    2 +-
 compat/setenv.c                                |    2 +-
 compat/snprintf.c                              |    2 +-
 compat/strcasestr.c                            |    2 +-
 compat/strlcpy.c                               |    2 +-
 compat/strtok_r.c                              |    2 +-
 compat/strtoumax.c                             |    2 +-
 compat/unsetenv.c                              |    2 +-
 compat/win32/dirent.c                          |    2 +-
 compat/win32/pthread.c                         |    2 +-
 compat/win32/syslog.c                          |    4 ++--
 compat/win32mmap.c                             |    2 +-
 compat/winansi.c                               |    2 +-
 cache.h => include/cache.h                     |    0
 git-compat-util.h => include/git-compat-util.h |    0
 strbuf.h => include/strbuf.h                   |    0
 29 files changed, 32 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-)
 rename cache.h => include/cache.h (100%)
 rename git-compat-util.h => include/git-compat-util.h (100%)
 rename strbuf.h => include/strbuf.h (100%)

-- 
1.7.4.1