Subject: Re: an error when using 'git send-email'

From: Magnus Bäck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 17:44:27 +0100

On Friday, February 18, 2011 at 12:45 CET,
     Yongqiang Yang <[email-masked]> wrote:

> When I use git 'send-email', I get an error "Command unknown:  'AUTH'
> at /usr/bin/git-send-email line 775, <STDIN> line 1".
> Is there anyone meet the same error?

You seem to have configured a username and password for SMTP
authentication, yet the server Git connects to doesn't support
authentication.

Make sure the SMTP server you've configured Git to use
(sendemail.smtpserver configuration variable) is the right one.
If so, clear the smtpemail.smtpuser and smtpemail.smtppass
variables as you obviously can't use them with the server.

For testing purposes there are options to "git send-email" to
override the values set in the configuration files. Those might
be more convenient to use when testing out new configurations.

-- 
Magnus Bäck                      Opinions are my own and do not necessarily
SW Configuration Manager         represent the ones of my employer, etc.
Sony Ericsson