Subject: Compiling fails on SunOS

From: Marco <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:09:54 +0100

Hi,

compiling on SunOS fails. configure runs without problems, make throws the
following error:

   SUBDIR perl
make: Warning: Ignoring DistributedMake -o option
Usage : make [ -f makefile ][ -K statefile ]... [ -d ][ -dd ][ -D ][ -DD ]
             [ -e ][ -i ][ -k ][ -n ][ -p ][ -P ][ -q ][ -r ][ -s ][ -S ][ -t ]
             [ -u ][ -w ][ -V ][ target... ][ macro=value... ][ "macro +=value"... ]
make: Fatal error: Unknown option `-C'
make: *** [perl/perl.mak] Error 1

System:	SunOS 5.10 i386
git:	git-1.7.4.1.tar.gz
Make:	GNU Make 3.82 (locally installed)

It seems that the building process invokes (the system wide installed) SunOS
make instead of the local GNU Make, since GNU Make does not display this error
message. Are there any known workarounds or solutions?

Marco