Subject: git for mail synchronization

From: Enrico Weigelt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 20:10:13 +0100

Hi folks,

I'm currently thinking about using git for mail synchronization.
The scenario:

* multiple hosts share a set of maildirs where new mails can be
  added or removed arbitrarily (using non-conflicting filenames,
  eg. their sha-hashes)
* on each host, the current tree is committed in some time
  interval
* the hosts pull from each other and merge in the other's trees.

Could this work well ?

cu
-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Enrico Weigelt, metux IT service -- http://www.metux.de/

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: [email-masked]
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Embedded-Linux / Portierung / Opensource-QM / Verteilte Systeme
----------------------------------------------------------------------