Subject: Re: [RFD] Gitweb: Source configuration from file separate from the CGI script

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:41:26 +0100

Drew Northup wrote:

> I'm obviously a moron because I didn't to bother to scroll through the
> whole thing first. I'm just not going to fight with you.
> I'm going to crawl back under my rock now.

I came to strong; I am very, very sorry about that.  We are really
interested how we can make existence and use of gitweb config file
more obvious.

The "Build time configuration" section in gitweb/INSTALL is 
unfortunately after the one-page fold, so that's probably why
you didn't notice that.  It was probably pushed out by changes
in previous section.

What were your changes to gitweb.cgi script, i.e. where in gitweb
sources we should add notification about build time and runtime
gitweb configuration?

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland