Subject: Re: Re: Summer of Code project ideas

From: Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 21:31:57 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 04:40:44PM -0700, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> * embedding graphical diff and graphical merge tool in git-gui, e.g. as
>   "git gui diff".  I think that we can use xxdiff; the license is 
>   compatibile.
> 
>   Pat and Shawn, is it something worth doing?  Does it look like a good
>   project for GSoC2011, or is it too small of a project for this?  Would
>   we be able to find mentor for this idea?
> 
> * splitting gitk, common library (Tcl/Tk bindings) for gitk and git-gui
> 
>   Pat and Paul, do you think it is right scope, or is it too large project
>   to put as an GSoC idea?

I would be interested in mentoring those projects. I do not know whether
we can reach consensus how to split up things. The last time we
discussed a possible approach[1] to share code between gitk and git gui
we did not reach one.

Cheers Heiko

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/166663/focus=166695