Subject: Re: The future of gitweb - part 2: JavaScript

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 23:17:55 +0200

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, Peter Vereshagin wrote:
> God love is hard to find. You got lucky Jakub!
> 2011/04/16 21:32:56 +0200 Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> => To Peter Vereshagin :
> 
> JN> No, fetching and pushing using HTTP transport, be it "smart" or "dumb"
> JN> Gitweb is web interface for _viewing and browsing_ repositories using
> 
> Good for purposes I described earlier.
> Bad for users to have different URLs as "URL is UI element" (c)

You can configure web server in such way that you can use the same
URL for fetching with git as for browsing repository with web browser
via gitweb, as described in git-http-backend manpage in one of
examples and also at the end of gitweb/README.

Nevertheless web browsing and fetching is done by two different
programs.

> JN> with ModPerl::Registry.
> 
> but not PerlRun?

If it runs ModPerl::Registry (persistently), then it runs 
ModPerl::PerlRun... but the reverse not always is true.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland