Subject: Re: The future of gitweb - part 2: JavaScript

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:50:37 +0200

Hi!

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 03:34:30PM +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2011, Petr Baudis wrote:
> >   Girocco uses MooTools, and I also used it in an old private branch
> > of gitweb. I have had pretty good experience with it. But since I wasn't
> > able to find anyone to maintain Girocco's gitweb (or even keep it in
> > sync with upstream) and the patch flow to core git has dried up, it's
> > probably not too relevant argument. :-)
> 
> Thanks.  The information about MooTools is certain helpful.
> 
> Do you remember why did you choose MooTools from other existing JavaScript
> frameworks, including more popular jQuery?

  Unfortunately, it was few years back so I don't remember clearly
anymore - it certainly was not a very educated guess, however, since I'm
not really a JavaScript hacker. Possibly I just stumbled on a nicer
guide for MooTools than jQuery at that time. By now, it's quite possible
that jQuery is a friendlier alternative.

-- 
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are.