Subject: Re: [PATCHv8 1/4] Fix prefix handling in ref iteration functions

From: Josh Triplett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 18:40:01 -0700

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 05:17:56PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> This round does fix the ".have" issues, but with the --namespace patch
> later in the series, it seems to break the same test, by filtering .have
> entries with "refs/" prefix.

Ouch, missed that; good catch.  We'll fix that in the next round of the
patch series.

> > Commit by Josh Triplett and Jamey Sharp.
> 
> Didn't I ask you to remove this?

You did ask, we responded (with a citation to a specific recommendation
from the Git list saying to include such a note), and you hadn't said
anything further about it until now.  If you insist that we remove it,
fine, we'll remove it.

> It is somewhat irritating having to re-edit the log message (not just this
> part, but what have been queued were retitled, reflowed and reworded to
> match the style of other commits in the project better) over and over
> again.

We attempted to follow the usual commit message conventions, and none of
the feedback we received mentioned anything about any other desired
changes.  What changes would you like us to make?

- Josh Triplett