Subject: Re: [PATCHv4 2/4] Add infrastructure for ref namespaces

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 11:09:00 +0200

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011, Josh Triplett wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 11:41:25AM +0200, Jakub Narebski wrote:

> > BTW. what do you think about treating repository with own refs and with
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > namespaces similarly to how "forks" are handled in gitweb now?
> 
> Different namespaces won't necessarily represent forks of the same
> repository; they may represent entirely separate repositories, with the
> use of namespaces merely a server-side implementation detail to save
> space.  I'd suggest presenting them as separate repositories.

What I wanted to say that if repository with namespaces has its own
not namespaced refs, then (sub)namespaces are probably forks, and
"forks"-like behavior would be a good idea.

If namespaced repository serves only to save space, then it wouldn't
have its own refs, only namespaced ones.  Then we would list them
as separate repositories.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland