Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Include unistd.h.

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 04:48:42 -0500

Hi Markus,

Markus Duft wrote:
>>> Junio C Hamano wrote:

>>>> +++ b/compat/fnmatch/fnmatch.c
>>>> @@ -127,6 +127,10 @@ extern char *getenv ();
>>>>  extern int errno;
>>>>  # endif
>>>> +
>>>> +# ifndef NULL
>>>> +#  define NULL 0
>>>> +# endif
[...]
> ping... is this one ok now?

Hopefully yes. :)  "git log --grep=Interix origin/pu | git name-rev
--stdin" tells me that Junio applied it as v1.7.6-rc0~30
(compat/fnmatch/fnmatch.c: give a fall-back definition for NULL,
2011-05-26).

> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/174407/focus=174600

That one I know less about, but I assume writing a hypothetical blurb
for the release notes (as part of the commit message) would help.

The main question I have is what the positive effect of removing the
NO_SYS_POLL_H and NO_INTTYPES_H settings from the Makefile is --- does
new Gentoo not work with those settings?  Is this a preparatory step
before giving people time to upgrade and then removing support for
those settings from elsewhere in the codebase?  Whatever the answer
is, the log message would be nice to document it.

Thanks and hope that helps,
Jonathan