Subject: Re: [PATCH 11/14] revert: Introduce a layer of indirection over pick_commits

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 05:37:34 -0500

Ramkumar Ramachandra wrote:

> Write a new function called process_continuation to prepare a
> todo_list to call pick_commits with; the job of pick_commits is
> simplified into performing the tasks listed in todo_list.

Why is it called process_continuation?  What is its responsibility?
When would I call it?

> +	/*
> +	 * Decide what to do depending on the arguments; a fresh
> +	 * cherry-pick should be handled differently from an existing
> +	 * one that is being continued
> +	 */
> +	res = process_continuation(&opts);

Is this the new sole entry point to the cherry-pick/revert machinery?
In that case, I'd be mildly tempted to call it something crazy like
start_or_continue_replay(), and even more tempted to split it into
separate entry points for new_replay(), continue_replay(),
abort_replay(), and remove_replay_state() (but please don't trust me
about the names; this is just to get the idea across).