Subject: Re: memrchr() implementation

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 06:47:56 +0200

Hi,

Tay Ray Chuan wrote:

> So what's the best way to get git to use memrchr()?

In my very humble opinion: [1].

> I was thinking of getting git to use glibc's implementation if glibc
> is present, if not, use a naive implementation included in git's code
> base [2].

Sounds reasonable.

> [2] (ISC-style license)
> http://www.sudo.ws/repos/sudo/file/c1ab4b940980/compat/memrchr.c

For something simple as this, I'd prefer to avoid a differently
licensed (even ISC-licensed) file.

It might also be worth convincing the folks at
http://austingroupbugs.net/ to standardize the interface so there
could be optimized implementations of memrchr on more platforms over
time.

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/159081/focus=159121