Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] git-svn: teach git-svn to populate svn:mergeinfo

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 15:21:59 -0700

Bryan Jacobs <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This is the second revision of a patch I posted earlier. I believe
> this patch is now suitable for inclusion.

Some comments inline, but I can clean them up myself and push out in a
bit.

> --- a/Documentation/git-svn.txt
> +++ b/Documentation/git-svn.txt
> @@ -213,6 +213,14 @@ discouraged.
>  	store this information (as a property), and svn clients starting from
>  	version 1.5 can make use of it. 'git svn' currently does not use it
>  	and does not set it automatically.

I noticed this conflicts when applying due to the missing --mergeinfo=
documentation.  Did you intend to remove --mergeinfo entirely and
replace it with this?  I think some folks already depend on it (it's
been around since last year).

> +	if (not defined($push_merge_info)
> +			or $push_merge_info eq "false"
> +			or $push_merge_info eq "no"
> +			or $push_merge_info eq "never") {

I missed this the first time, but "||" and "!" are easier for
C programmers to understand and higher in precedence (ref: perlop manpage)

-- 
Eric Wong