Subject: Re: Re: [PATCH 6/6] Retain caches of submodule refs

From: Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:41:01 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 06:12:34AM +0200, Michael Haggerty wrote:
> On 10/10/2011 09:53 PM, Heiko Voigt wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 01:12:20PM +0200, Michael Haggerty wrote:
> > Since the setup_revision() api can currently not be used to safely
> > iterate twice over the same submodule my patch
> > 
> > 	allow multiple calls to submodule merge search for the same path
> > 
> > rewrites the search into using a child process. AFAIK the submodule ref
> > iteration api would then even be unused.
> 
> If your patch is accepted, then we should check whether anything should
> be ripped out.

I would rather like to extend the setup_revision() api so that we can
iterate multiple times. Additionally I have a feeling that this API
might be useful for further extensions of the recursive-push support of
submodules which is currently under development.

So in summary: I would like to wait with ripping anything out until we
get to a final state with submodule support.

Cheers Heiko