Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] daemon: add tests

From: Clemens Buchacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:48:00 +0100

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 10:52:04AM -0500, Jeff King wrote:
> > > 
> > >   run-command: optionally kill children on exit
> > >   https://github.com/peff/git/commit/5523d7ebf2a0386c9c61d7bfbc21375041df4989
> > 
> > Thanks, looks great. But if I add this on top (to enable this for
> > "git daemon"), then t0001 kills my entire X session. Not sure yet
> > what's going.
> 
> The fix is to move the recording of the PID up to a spot where we are
> certain that it's a real PID. Fixup patch is below, and I'll push a new
> version out to my github repo.

I have rebased Junio's cb/git-daemon-tests onto your
jk/child-cleanup and replaced the call to pkill with a regular kill
command.

On top of that, I have added two commits to fix the discussed race
condition. I also verified that the race condition actually happens
by adding an artificial delay in the daemon (this change is
obviously not included).

I pushed the new cb/git-daemon-tests to
https://github.com/drizzd/git . If you have no objections I will
post the entire series including your run-command and send-pack
patches to the list.

Clemens