Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 2/5] gitweb: add project_filter to limit project list to a subdirectory

From: "Bernhard R. Link" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 21:03:55 +0100

* Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> [120130 16:56]:
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> 
> > This commit changes the project listing views (project_list,
> > project_index and opml) to limit the output to only projects in a
> > subdirectory if the new optional parameter ?pf=directory name is
> > used.
> 
> It would be nice to have in this or in a separate commit an update
> to get_page_title() for HTML output, and to git_opml() updating
> <title> element in OPML output, so that it mentions that project
> list is limitied to $project_filter subdirectory.

Indeed. I overlooked that.

> > Reusing $project instead of adding a new parameter would have been
> > nicer from a UI point-of-view (including PATH_INFO support) but
> > would complicate the $project validating code that is currently
> > being used to ensure nothing is exported that should not be viewable.
>
> Nb. I wonder if we should make it invalid to have both 'project' and
> 'project_filter' parameters...

$project_filter should be ignored when $project is defined which is
enforced in all but those three actions.

action=project_list gets confused (shows wrong breadcrumbs) if $project
is defined, but that is unrelated to this changes, so one might to fix
that independently.

I'll resend the series as replies to this mail. What to do next? Wait
foranother explitit Acked-By of those? Or resend it to [email-masked]
if no new issues are found?

        Bernhard R. Link