Subject: Re: [PATCH] Correct singular form in diff summary line for human interaction

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:20:28 -0600

Hi,

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:

> Convenient function interactive_use() is added for this purpose. The
> command thinks it's in human hands when:

I admit I really dislike this, especially:

>  - GIT_SCRIPTING environment variable is not set

If my GUI app was parsing diffstats to convert them into a visual
representation, as a novice it may not be obvious to me where to find
the menu entry file to set this envvar in.

But maybe I'm not the right person to ask, since I'd be okay with
removing the "s"es (with an appropriate incubation time to discover
whether we are introducing a regression) unconditionally.

If there is an environment variable to say "I don't want to see
variations on strings intended for humans", can it be spelled as
LC_ALL=C?

Just my two cents,
Jonathan