Subject: Re: git-svn: t9155 fails against subversion 1.7.0

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:15:19 -0600

Ben Walton wrote:

> This is still on my todo list as I'd like to have a working bridge
> (and to be able to run the svn test suite when packaging for
> solaris).  I've not had the required time to dig into this once it
> proved to be non-trivial breakage though.

Thanks.  Just a quick update: I can confirm that

 - Something like your original patch will probably take care of this,
   once a few residual svn bugs are ironed out.

 - Unfortunately, there are a few residual svn bugs, such as
   <http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=4091>.

 - The svn developers are very helpful.  Hopefully among us we should
   eventually make progress, given enough time. ;-)

Ah, but time is hard to find here, too...

Proposal: I'm willing to maintain drafts of a patch to fix the test
breakage.  Send me patches and I'll blindly apply them to a dedicated
branch in a repo on repo.or.cz, so small improvements are easier to
make.  (Or if someone else wants to take care of the same, I'd be even
happier.)  Once it's working, we can send the result in some more
logical form to the list for application to mainline.

Ciao,
Jonathan