Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 0/8] gitweb: Faster and improved project search

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 23:09:58 +0100

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > [Cc-ing Junio because of his involvement in discussion about first
> >  patch in previous version of this series.]
> >
> > First three patches in this series are mainly about speeding up
> > project search (and perhaps in the future also project pagination).
> > Well, first one is unification, refactoring and future-proofing.
> > The second and third patch could be squashed together; second adds
> > @fill_only, but third actually uses it.
> 
> I'll queue these three separately to a topic jn/gitweb-search-optim,
> and fork another topic jn/gitweb-hilite-regions from there.  I haven't
> looked the latter closely, though.

O.K., when rerolling the series I will resend those in separate patch
series: one for performance improvements for project search (less calls
to git commands), one for match highlighting in project search ('grep',
'commit' and other per-project searches already highlight their matches,
though in suboptimal way), and perhaps one for using esc_html_match_hl()
thorough gitweb,... though with only one patch in this series for now
perhaps it be better joined with match highlighting for project search.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland