Subject: Re: GSoC idea: adding JavaScript library / framework in gitweb

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:56:13 +0100

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, chaitanyaa nalla wrote:
> Jakub Narebski wrote:

> > Another source of inspiration for JavaScript usage in gitweb might
> > be git-browser project.  Just FYI.
> 
> Dear Jakub,
> 
> please tell me more about this idea , it is interesting :)

git-browser is an experimental gitk-like web interface which was developed
in December 2005 by Artem Khodush <[email-masked]> and then largely
forgotten and abandoned.  User interface is done in JavaScript, and is
rather heavy on the client side.  Server-side scripting is done in Perl
(and uses gitweb IIRC).

  https://git.wiki.kernel.org/articles/i/n/t/Interfaces,_frontends,_and_tools.html#git-browser
  http://repo.or.cz/gitweb.cgi/git-browser.git

I don't think there is existing demo deployment remaining...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland