Subject: Re: [GSOC] Contributing to git.

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 11:03:43 +0200

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012, Nazri Ramliy wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM, jaseem abid <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > It feels like too much for this project. Do we need all the features
> > from these projects? As far as I can understand, you need phantom.js
> > to be installed in your local development machine, which is a new
> > dependency.  I have an instruction from the community not to add new
> > dependencies.
> 
> Ah that is true. I forgot about the overhead of getting phantomjs installed.

Well, we would need to have some JavaScript engine installed for
running tests from commandline, be it Google Chrome's V8 (e.g. node.js),
Mozilla's SpiderMonkey, or WebKit (e.g. phantomjs).

Though I think that having a page with JavaScript tests, to be opened
and checked in browser would be enough for a start.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland