Subject: Re: non-fast-forward advice breaks tests on OS X

From: Christopher Tiwald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:00:49 -0400

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 09:37:01AM -0400, Christopher Tiwald wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 01:49:14AM -0400, Brian Gernhardt wrote:
> > After a break in regularly compiling git on my Mac 10.7.3 laptop, I had a few tests fail:  t5540.15, t5541.{12,15}.  All of these tests use test_i18ngrep to test the output of git-push for the string "To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were rejected".
> > 
> > Bisecting traced it back to f25950f: "push: Provide situational hints for non-fast-forward errors".
> 
> I also run 10.7.3 on a MacBook Pro. I will investigate this now and see
> if I can get tests to break. I know the original patch passed the test
> suite on this machine.

Ah ha, I wasn't running the proper tests. I'll send a patch to the
affected ones later today.

*** t5540-http-push.sh ***
# passed all 0 test(s)
1..0 # SKIP Network testing disabled (define GIT_TEST_HTTPD to enable)
*** t5541-http-push.sh ***
# passed all 0 test(s)
1..0 # SKIP Network testing disabled (define GIT_TEST_HTTPD to enable)
*** t5550-http-fetch.sh ***
# passed all 0 test(s)
1..0 # SKIP Network testing disabled (define GIT_TEST_HTTPD to enable)
*** t5551-http-fetch.sh ***
# passed all 0 test(s)
1..0 # SKIP Network testing disabled (define GIT_TEST_HTTPD to enable)