Subject: Re: git-p4: planned view wildcard support

From: Pete Wyckoff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 06:44:43 -0400

[email-masked] wrote on Sun, 06 May 2012 16:46 -0700:
> Is there any plan for the git-p4.py script to support the "*" wildcard
> in a p4 client?
> 
> The specific test that exposes this unsupported feature:
> ./t9809-git-p4-client-view.sh
> ...
> ok 4 - unsupported view wildcard *

It hasn't been on anybody's priority list so far that I know, but
this would be not too hard to implement in theory.

The code changes would need to alter just one class.  In
View.Path, functions Path.find_wildcards, match_wildcards and
fill_in_wildcards, if you're interested in giving it a try.

Can you constrain your use of "*" a bit?  What makes these
wildcards difficult is all the edge cases.  For instance, is
there ever more than one "*"?  Is it combined with "..."?  Are
there multiple lines in the client spec with wildcards?  Some
abstracted examples would be interesting.

		-- Pete