Subject: Re: remove_duplicates() in builtin/fetch-pack.c is O(N^2)

From: Martin Fick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 18:17:45 -0600

On Monday, May 21, 2012 04:14:17 pm Jeff King wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 01:45:25PM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> Martin, let me know if this improves things for your
> many-ref cases (and if you are still seeing slowness in
> your repos with many refs, let me know which operations
> cause it).

Peff,

I have not been ignoring you, I am sorry that I have not 
replied yet.  Unfortunately, I am having a very hard time 
getting conclusive tests with my large repo.  I making
plenty of mistakes in what I think I am testing I believe,
but also I am having a hard time getting reproducible 
results so far.  And some tests take quite a while, so it is 
not always obvious what I might be doing wrong.

I will let you know more when I figure out what I am doing 
wrong, but please know that I have been doing a lot of 
testing and plan to post some results eventually.

Were your tests mostly warm cache tests?

-Martin

-- 
Employee of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. which is a 
member of Code Aurora Forum