Subject: Re: 1.7.10.3 configure does not generate Makefiles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 09:34:20 +1000

I posted following comments on Forum many days ago, somehow, it was
pending for being accepted.Sorry if it is duplicated:

--- Attachement post on forum --

This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet. 

In reply to this post by Erik Faye-Lund-2 

I thought I've sent the comments, but did not see on the forum, sorry
if it is duplicated. 

Thanks for all response. The Makefile is included in the source
directory, but I'd like to build the git in a separated build
directory, not the source directory. Is it possible to build the
git in a separated build directory? Or if there is any way to
geneerate a Makeifle in a separaed build directory? 

Thank you. 

Kind regards, 

hce

On 2012-05-30 13:38+0200, Erik Faye-Lund wrote:
>On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 1:32 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just downloaded 1.7.10.3 source tarball and following the
>> instruction from INSTALL, I ran the autoconf to generate the
>> configure, then to run configure --prefix=/usr/local/git/1.7.10.3.
>> There were no errors but there was no Makefiles generated either. How
>> can I run the configure to generate Makefiles?
>>
>> .......
>> configure: creating ./config.status
>> config.status: creating config.mak.autogen
>>
>
>This is as expected. Git doesn't use Automake, only Autoconf. So all
>it generates is a config.mak.autogen, which gets included by the
>Makefile which is already present on the top-level.

--