Subject: [PATCH lt/block-sha1 0/2 v3] block-sha1: avoid pointer conversion that violates alignment constraints

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 18:35:47 -0500

Hi Junio,

This is a series of two patches: the first avoids alignment faults
that were making git either slow on Alpha machines or crashy,
depending on the machine's configuration, and the second patch is a
cosmetic nit noticed while reviewing the first.

Patches are based against

  30ae47b4 remove ARM and Mozilla SHA1 implementations, 2009-08-17

(aka the tip of the lt/block-sha1 branch) for no particular reason.
They should work fine against a more modern codebase if you prefer
that.

No changes since v2[1] except to commit messages.

I think this should be ready for application.  Thanks to Michael and
Linus for shaping the original patch into something sane.

Thoughts?
Jonathan

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/201434/focus=201456

Jonathan Nieder (2):
  block-sha1: avoid pointer conversion that violates alignment
    constraints
  block-sha1: put expanded macro parameters in parentheses

 block-sha1/sha1.c |    8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)