Subject: Re: Re: Python extension commands in git - request for policy change

From: "Eric S. Raymond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 05:33:17 -0500

Pat Thoyts <[email-masked]>:
> Git for Windows simply ships everything we need to run git - so if a
> desirable module requires a version of python, we will add that
> version plus any required modules into the installer. We already have
> a patch to provide python in the msysgit tree - it would just require
> polishing up a little. I'm certain this is no problem for the other
> windows port (cygwin) either.

Thank you - I think this completely disposes of the "Windows is a blocker
for scripting language X" argument, with the case X = Python in point. 
-- 
		<a href="http://www.catb.org/~esr/">Eric S. Raymond</a>

-- 
*** Please reply-to-all at all times ***
*** (do not pretend to know who is subscribed and who is not) ***
*** Please avoid top-posting. ***
The msysGit Wiki is here: https://github.com/msysgit/msysgit/wiki - Github accounts are free.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
Groups "msysGit" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email-masked]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email-masked]
For more options, and view previous threads, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/msysgit?hl=en_US?hl=en