Subject: gitk: highlighting commits "touching path" with globs doesn't work for files list

From: Yaroslav Halchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 08:51:30 -0500

Hi GIT Gurus,

Highlighting files (in patch view) and commits which modified those
files is a really nice feature to have.   Often it is needed to
highlight based on a glob expression for files, e.g. '*Makefile*'
-- that seems to highlight the commits but files in the patch view
are no longer highlighted, which significantly reduces usefulness of
such a feature.

Also, those choices (Exact/IgnCase/Regexp) seems to have no relation
with the edit box when looking for "touching path" files, so shouldn't
it be somehow disabled/emptied to avoid users trying to create the
ultimate filepattern regexp for no good reason?  (the same for next
field on where to search through -- All Fields/... ) ;)

-- 
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Dartmouth College, 419 Moore Hall, Hinman Box 6207, Hanover, NH 03755
Phone: +1 (603) 646-9834                       Fax: +1 (603) 646-1419
WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik