Subject: Re: Re: Change in cvsps maintainership, abd a --fast-export option

From: Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 04:47:51 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 05:44:37AM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Michael Haggerty <[email-masked]>:
> > In 2009 I added tests demonstrating some of the erroneous behavior of
> > git-cvsimport.  The failing tests in t9601-t9603 are concrete examples
> > of the problems mentioned in the manpage.
> 
> Thanks, that will be extremely useful. One of the things I'm putting effort
> into is building a good test suite for the tool; I may well be able to adapt
> your tests directly.

Back then when I was converting some repositories to git and I also
wrote a quick testsuite for cvsps in an attempt to fix the bugs but gave
up. That was the point when I wrote about cvsimports limitations in the
documentation.

My commits can be found here:

	http://repo.or.cz/w/cvsps-hv.git

I just quickly checked and it seems that it does not run cleanly on a
modern Linux anymore. If it is of interest to you I can try to get it
running again.

Cheers Heiko