Subject: Re: git.wiki.kernel.org spam ...

From: Theodore Ts'o <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 18:47:59 -0500

On Sat, Jan 05, 2013 at 12:27:12AM +0100, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> 
> I was. John Hawley trusted me when I asked for admin privileges to keep
> the spam at bay, but a very vocal voice on the mailing list tried to
> discredit my work, and in the wake of the ensuing mailing list thread I
> got the impression that that feeling was universal, so I abided and
> stopped.
> 
> > this leaves me a little confused. who would be then be responsible? who
> > would be responsible for upgrading / installing anything at the wiki?
> 
> That would be John Hawley.

John is one of the Linux Foundation staff members that are responsible
for the system administration of wiki.kernel.org (and kernel.org, and
bugzilla.kernel.org, etc.)  They are *not* responsible for the
contents of the *.wiki.kernel.org; someone from the project has to be
the wiki maintainer.

(Note: the *.wiki.kernel.org infrastructure was originally set up at
my request, and the first such hosted wiki was ext4.wiki.kernel.org;
the second was rt.wiki.kernel.org, for which I was also the primary
wiki administrator initially.  I'm confident the policy on this hasn't
changed since those early days because LF sysadmins (e.g., John and
Konstantin) do *not* have time to police the various wikis for
spam....)

	      	    	      	 - Ted