Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix some clang warnings

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 10:24:27 +0000

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 07:01:37PM +0000, John Keeping wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 10:24:49AM -0800, Jeff King wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 06:22:40PM +0000, John Keeping wrote:
> > 
> > Thanks for checking. I'd rather squelch the warning completely (as in my
> > re-post of Max's patch from a few minutes ago), and we can loosen it
> > (possibly with a version check) later when a fix is widely disseminated.
> 
> I checked again with a trunk build of clang and the warning's still
> there, so I've created a clang bug [1] to see if they will change the
> behaviour.
> 
> [1] http://llvm.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=14968

Well, that was quick!  This warning is now gone when using a fresh trunk
build of clang.

>>From [2], it looks like this will become version 3.3 (in about 5
months).  So should we change the condition to:

#if defined(__GNUC__) && (!defined(__clang__) ||
	__clang_major__ > 3 || \
        (__clang__major == 3 && __clang_minor__ >= 3)

[2] http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html

John