Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] fixup remaining cvsimport tests

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 19:24:12 +0000

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 10:57:50AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> John Keeping <[email-masked]> writes:
>> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 09:22:03AM -0600, Chris Rorvick wrote:
>>> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:58 AM, John Keeping <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 10:27:16PM -0600, Chris Rorvick wrote:
>>>>> These patchs apply on top of of Eric Raymond's cvsimport patch.  7 of 15
>>>>> tests in t9600 fail, one of which is fixed w/ a cvsps patch I've sent
>>>>> to Eric (fixes revision map.)
>>>>
>>>> Did you post the fix for the revision map publicly anywhere?
>>> 
>>> It's in Eric's repo and included in version 3.8:
>>> 
>>> https://gitorious.org/cvsps/cvsps/commit/abe81e1775a8959291f629029513d1b7160bbde6
>>
>> Thanks.  For some reason I thought the fix would be to
>> git-cvsimport-3.py.  Obviously I should have read more carefully.
>>
>> Sorry for the noise.
> 
> This is not a noise, though.
> 
> Chris, how would we want to proceed?  I'd prefer at some point to
> see cvsimport-3 to be in sync when the one patched and tested in
> Eric's repository is proven enough.  Will Eric be the gatekeeper, or
> will you be sending patches this way as well?

In this case the patch was to the C portion of cvsps, not the Python
cvs-import, so not relevant for this particular case.

I currently have a set of patches on top of jc/cvsimport-upgrade, which
is slightly out-of-sync with git-cvsimport.py in Eric's cvsps
repository, because I hadn't realised that the latter existed until
about an hour ago.

I haven't decided yet whether to rebase those onto the git-cvsimport.py
in the cvsps repository or send them here to apply on top of
jc/cvsimport-upgrade.  Given that git-cvsimport is a command which has
been around for a while and (although this is a complete re-write) the
aim of these changes is to keep it working as the upstream project
changes, I have a slight preference for keeping git-cvsimport here and
recommending that the copy in the cvsps repository is removed.

John