Subject: [PATCH v2] Reduce false positive in check-non-portable-shell.pl

From: Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 08:47:16 +0100

check-non-portable-shell.pl is using simple regular expressions to
find illegal shell syntax.

Improve the expressions and reduce the chance for false positves:

"sed -i" must be followed by 1..n whitespace and 1 non whitespace
"declare" must be followed by 1..n whitespace and 1 non whitespace
"echo -n" must be followed by 1..n whitespace and 1 non whitespace
"which": catch lines like "if which foo"

Signed-off-by: Torsten Bögershausen <[email-masked]>
---
 t/check-non-portable-shell.pl | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/check-non-portable-shell.pl b/t/check-non-portable-shell.pl
index 8b5a71d..d9ddcdf 100755
--- a/t/check-non-portable-shell.pl
+++ b/t/check-non-portable-shell.pl
@@ -16,10 +16,10 @@ sub err {
 
 while (<>) {
 	chomp;
-	/^\s*sed\s+-i/ and err 'sed -i is not portable';
-	/^\s*echo\s+-n/ and err 'echo -n is not portable (please use printf)';
-	/^\s*declare\s+/ and err 'arrays/declare not portable';
-	/^\s*[^#]\s*which\s/ and err 'which is not portable (please use type)';
+	/^\s*sed\s+-i\s+\S/ and err 'sed -i is not portable';
+	/^\s*echo\s+-n\s+\S/ and err 'echo -n is not portable (please use printf)';
+	/^\s*declare\s+\S/ and err 'arrays/declare not portable';
+	/^\s*if\s+which\s+\S/ and err 'which is not portable (please use type)';
 	/test\s+[^=]*==/ and err '"test a == b" is not portable (please use =)';
 	# this resets our $. for each file
 	close ARGV if eof;
-- 
1.8.1.1