Subject: Re: [PATCH] Makefile: do not export mandir/htmldir/infodir

From: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:20:41 +0000

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 03:16:51PM -0800, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
> > These are defined in the main Makefile to be funny values that are
> > optionally relative to an unspecified location that is determined at
> > runtime.
> [...]
> > A longer term fix is to introduce runtime_{man,html,info}dir variables
> > to hold these funny values, and make {man,html,info}dir variables
> > to have real paths whose default values begin with $(prefix), but
> > as a first step, stop exporting them from the top-level Makefile.
> 
> Makes sense.
> 
> Reported-by: John Keeping <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>

Fixes my original problem, so FWIW:

Tested-by: John Keeping <[email-masked]>