Subject: Re: [ANN] git-arr 0.11

From: Alberto Bertogli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 01:16:25 +0000

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 01:43:16PM +0100, Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Alberto Bertogli <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I wanted to let you know about git-arr, which is a git repository
> > browser that can generate static HTML instead of having to run
> > dynamically.
> 
> Can it run incrementally? I mean, if you have launched it for one
> revision, does re-running it on the next revision regenerate the whole
> set of pages, or does it only generate new pages?

Yes, you can run it incrementally, and it will only generate new pages.

> If so, that could be a nice way to replace dynamic browsers for people
> who do not have/want dynamic webpages, by just setting a hook or cron
> job that generate the new pages when an update is made.

That's my main intended use. I'm using a hook
(http://blitiri.com.ar/git/r/git-arr/b/master/t/hooks/f=post-receive.html)
to update repos when I push to them and it's been working fine for me so
far. I never tried the cron approach but it should work well too.

Thanks!
		Alberto