Subject: Re: git send-pack: protocol error: bad band #50

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:37:58 -0700

Hello,

João Joyce wrote:

> I am not sure this is the right place to ask this.

You're in the right place.

[...]
> I am trying to push some files to a server with git push. I have
> configured the server to push the files:
>     git remote set-url test ssh://[email-masked]:2200/fullpath/
>
> but I am getting the following error:
>     git send-pack: protocol error: bad band #50
>     fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

That means that where git expected to read a binary sideband number,
it instead received the byte \x32 (ASCII '2').

Without more details, it's hard to debug this further.  Can you get
a trace of the communication by setting the envvar
GIT_TRACE_PACKET=/tmp/log on the client?

Thanks and hope that helps,
Jonathan